~*~
~~*~~*~~*~~

I told you there're small animals all around the place...I can't even get rid of the spider in the title.!!!...you think one day she 'll fall in the cup ?
~*~
she went last night...
~~*~~
the spider's back...will she fall in the cup...

The jam, adapted from Georges Duhamel

The day the economist paid us a visit, we were making jam, from our blackcurrants, redcurrants and raspberries.
Using WORDS, NUMBERS and long FORMULAS, he told us we were completely crazy to make our own jam. It was allright in the middle-ages
but now, considering the PRICE of SUGAR, FIRE, JARS not talking about all the WASTED TIME, we had better eat the good ones from groceries...Sure, now on, nobody ever makes such an economical mistake.
-But wait, Sir! I shouted...Will the grocer sell me the best part of it?
-What do you mean?
-But the SCENT Sir, the FRAGRANCE...Smell, the whole house is as sweet-smelling as a summer day...How would the world exist, without the fragrance of jam...
The economist, hearing such strange words, opened huge herbivorous eyes.
My voice blazed:
-In this house, Sir, we make Jam ONLY FOR THE FRAGRANCE. Jam itself, is nothing. When it's cooked Sir, we throw it away...
*****************************************************
I told such lyrical words to impress the economist, but now, I must confess the truth: When jam is ready we eat it for her fragrance's sake.

1 comment:

Gattina said...

Sorry to tell you that fragrance or not I prefer to buy it ready (we don't eat jam) for guests and if I want a good smelling house, there are parfumed candles or other stuff, or I ask my old Lisa to leave her mark as I do with this comment !
Bisous