~*~
~~*~~*~~*~~

I told you there're small animals all around the place...I can't even get rid of the spider in the title.!!!...you think one day she 'll fall in the cup ?
~*~
she went last night...
~~*~~
the spider's back...will she fall in the cup...

tomatoes, tomatoes...

I've made so many dried tomatoes, i was a bit fed up, and nobody likes ketchup at home...so just a few jars of tomato sauce with basil in the deep-freezer. Know what I do, when we eat yoghurt I keep the small jars and feel them with sauce, you get enough for pasta or rice...
But last week-end I wanted to try something different. I found a gorgeous and yummy recipe...
TOMATO AND BASIL JELLY


you need:
-1.7kg tomatoes, quartered
-2 large handfuls of basil leaves
-3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
-400ml cider vinegar
-about 700g sugar with pectin
You place the tomatoes, basil, garlic and vinegar in a large saucepan, bring to boil, then cover and cook over a low heat for about 1 hr, stirring half way through.
Strain in a jelly bag during the night, you'll get about 800ml of juice, and cook with with the sugar. It will take about 70 mn to becoma a jelly. Put in jars immediately.
You may have this with many savoury dishes...

1 comment:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oooo this sownds like it would be nice with scrummy toast an cheese. Yum.